We're Always Looking For People With Passion
Active Interest Media is committed to developing a community of dedicated professionals with the ability and drive to provide the best service possible
through their career path within AIM.
AIM seeks to promote from within while also incorporating the diverse talent that can be found outside of the organization.
Active Interest Media is a company actively acquiring and building market-leading enthusiast publications and other media platforms. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, long and short term disability, FSA and 401k.
Please send resume with salary requirements directly to the publication you are interested in working with, along with a cover letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for the position. Applicants that do not provide this information will not be considered.
View listings or Click a link below to send your email.
The Healthy Living Group
- Amazing Wellness
- Better Nutrition
- Black Belt
- The Box
- Clean Eating
- Muscle & Performance
- Vegetarian Times
- Yoga journal
- American Cowboy
- Discover Horses
- Dressage Today
- Horse Journal
- Horse & Rider
- Practical Horseman
- Spin To Win Rodeo
- The Trail Rider
- US Rider
- Arts & Crafts Homes
- Country's Best Log Homes
- Design Sourcebook
- Early Homes
- Log Home Living
- Old-House Journal
- Period Homes
- Timber Home Living
- Traditional Building
- Woodshop News
- Power & Motoryacht
- Show Management
- Soundings Trade Only
MANAGING DIRECTOR, MARKETING SERVICES
Active Interest Media | Catapult Division | Boulder, CO
Reports to: SVP, Digital
Active Interest Media is seeking a dynamic, digital-centric leader to drive the growth of Catapult, our new internal marketing services agency. Your primary responsibilities at the outset will be to develop the infrastructure of this new business and to partner with AIM sales staff to secure revenue from new and existing industry partners. Catapult exists to create audience conversations for our advertisers by providing uniquely engaging multimedia campaigns. It will offer a constellation of services, including video production, custom content, lead generation, events, social media, and creative design. As with many start-ups, you will have the opportunity to shape products and processes to suit market demands—and to shape the culture of a new department that we’ve created in response to demand from our five divisions (Outdoor, Healthy Living, Marine, Equine, and Home). Since AIM is an established publisher, you will also have access to resources most start-ups lack, like deep editorial and sales knowledge, internal development capacities, purpose-built websites, a robust content archive from more than 50 magazine brands, an enthusiast of 30 million a month, and (soon) a new CRM with powerful email, predictive, and marketing automation tools.
This position is a revenue-driving management position—with a healthy dose of hands on. Until the business scales, you will be a player-coach – no prima donnas need apply. Success will require command of a hybrid skill set that combines sales, marketing, content strategy, data analysis, and customer service. You will support our sales leaders by co-creating and executing campaigns that span multiple channels. You should be well-versed in those areas, able to direct freelance equestrian writers in the morning, script a video during a lunch hike with Backpacker’s publisher, and deliver knockout a sales presentation after a late-day Bikram class with a yoga client. You have a strong streak of can-do entrepreneurial DNA—with a proven ability to collaborate across functional areas to achieve success. You’re creative but also disciplined about dollars and deadlines, and you constantly adapt based on client feedback. Most of all, you’re driven to build better mousetraps and sell the snot out of them.
- Be the passionate, charismatic, indefatigable embodiment of Catapult, advocating internally and externally for this start-up with galvanizing enthusiasm.
- Complete the launch of Catapult this fall, finishing sales materials, training staff, and rolling introductions out to the market.
- Continue developing Catapult strategy and direction, while refining our marketing services products with an eye towards expansion into data, website development, online education, and events later in 2016-2017
- Collaborate with AIM sales managers to build prospect pipelines, create proposals, and present to clients.
- Closely manage the department budget and especially the campaign P&L's to ensure appropriate ROI and customer satisfaction.
- Provide dotted-line oversight of project managers who will be hired within the groups for day-to-day execution of programs.
- Create core groups of freelancers around the key product areas who the project managers can tap to execute programs.
- Oversee AIM Studios, our internal video & TV production unit.
- Constantly work to optimize the performance of marketing and content efforts through attention to data.
- 5-7 years of account executive experience working in a digital or ad agency business, with a strong understanding of best practices throughout all facets of marketing services
- Adroit feel for content and content producers, ideally stemming from experience as an editor or another role overseeing creative development
- Product development experience – we’ll ask for multiple examples of launches you’ve executed, from websites to content franchises to new events
- Project management experience, with proven results in initiating, directing, implementing, and measuring marketing programs
- Experience managing complex multi-channel programs and multiple client & vendor relationships
- Intimate knowledge of digital content, email campaigns, marketing automation, video, and analytics
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills including the ability to provide guidance to industry partners who range from novices to experts
- Capacity to balance, prioritize, and organize process under tight deadlines
- Budget management and reporting
- Affinity for the activities that our customers love
Send a cover letter, resume, and any supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.