Who We Are
Active Interest Media is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to oversee client fulfillment for National Park Trips Media. Our vision is to become the leading consumer-facing voice in national park travel and our mission is to inspire and enable consumers to take national park vacations by utilizing our expanding portfolio of multi-media travel channels (eight websites, four magazines, Zinio digital editions, lead gen, direct mail, owned events, 30+ social channels). We reach and engage a rapidly growing audience of over six million consumers. The ideal candidate for this important position has a sharp marketing mind, type-A attention-to-detail and puts team before self. In this fast-paced, deadline-driven role, this person needs to be highly organized, process oriented and focused. The position comes with a competitive benefits package (medical/dental insurance, 401K), the opportunity to advance within the division and the company and to be part of one of the largest and fastest-growing enthusiast media companies in North America.
What You’ll Do
- Ownership of deliverables fulfillment for over 300 client partners across 80 media channels. Duties include: managing workflow, processes and systems, coordinating with sales, editorial, digital, ad ops, print production staff and clients, inputting and tracking orders, collecting and internally deploying creative materials and assets to the appropriate departments, generating and delivering metrics, and giving regular status updates to sales team.
- Collaborate with sales, edit and digital staff to develop and produce solution-oriented integrated programs and proposals for our clients.
- Produce and manage all client-facing collateral materials including: proposals, sell sheets, media kits, materials specifications and the general presentation.
- Manage the curation and delivery of National Park Trips Media -owned promotional materials, print, digital and social, to internal departments.
- Work with the team to produce and conduct annual audience surveys on demographics, psychographics, geography, travel habits and preferences.
- Assist sales staff, including: creating, printing and binding client proposals and other collateral for sales trips, shipping materials to conferences and events, sending client mailings, fulfilling sweepstakes prizes, and creating certificates and fulfilling prizes for our annual photo contest.
- Work with the editorial staff to facilitate production and fulfillment of National Park Journal custom content, including: scheduling client interviews, requesting materials, ensuring accurate photo credits, securing needed approvals, authorizations, and releases.
- Work with the digital producer, editor and sales to schedule, produce/write and post social media content for our clients.
- Collect all digital, social and print assets and creative from our clients and deliver to the appropriate digital ad ops, digital production or print production teams.
- Produce monthly and annual client reports with a summary of all deliverable metrics including: Digital: ad impressions, clicks, ctr, link clicks; Social: reach (organic and paid), reactions, comments, shares, and clicks; Print: audience and circulation; Leads: targeted sign ups; Events: promotional impressions, clicks, ctr and attendees.
- Participate in annual and rolling strategic planning process, developing and implementing strategies and plans that keep National Park Trips Media at the forefront of consumer travel planning.
- Manage Night Skies Photo Workshop Series, including: evaluating and selecting locations, securing permits, managing hotel and food partner relationships, securing meeting space, booking lodging for sponsors and staff, reserving transportation, producing promotional materials (ads, posters, flyers, banner ads, eblasts), managing online registration site, responding to consumers inquiries, providing participant updates, producing itineraries and schedules, and being primary poc/coordinator during workshops acting as workshop lead.
- Attend select travel and/or publishing conferences as needed.
- Give status updates in weekly team meetings.
What You’ll Need to Succeed in this Role
- Bachelor’s degree with two years’ similar experience
- Experience with CRM, Salesforce, Google Docs, Google Analytics, Excel and PowerPoint
- Passion for travel and an enthusiasm for national parks
- Marketing mindset
- Type-A attention-to-detail, process oriented, highly organized, excellent communication and time management skills
- Focused self-starter who takes initiative and proactively seeks answers and solutions
- Independent thinker but puts team before self
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Service-minded orientation with a client-first ethos
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Periodic travel required
Submit a cover letter and resume to Rob Wood, Executive Director/Publisher of National Park Trips Media, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Compensation: Entry-level, up to $40,000 + benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.