Active Interest Media | Catapult Division | Boulder, CO
Reports to: Chief Innovation Officer
Active Interest Media is seeking a new leader for Catapult Creative Labs, our internal marketing services agency. We’ve experienced explosive growth in our first 20 months, and your job will be to keep the momentum going. You will manage a dynamic young team that helps AIM sales leaders bring in new clients, and you’ll make sure we continue delivering for existing partners. You’ll be a creative powerhouse who concocts disruptive campaign ideas, and you’ll pitch prospects across all six AIM content divisions. Along the way, you’ll live every startup cliché in the book: an entrepreneurial player-coach who leads with sleeves rolled up and hands dirty. And if you enjoy a challenge and want to help us reinvent the modern media model, you’ll have a shit-ton of fun.
Like many start-ups, we’re a messy, evolving, incredibly hungry operation that will benefit from your agency experience and best practices. Don’t expect perfection or anything resembling a normal day. But do expect unique advantages. AIM’s six groups (Outdoor, Healthy Living, Marine, Equine, Home, and Creative Home) speak to 40 million enthusiasts every month, and our 50ish brands are full of industry-best editors, designers, and digital creatives. AIM doesn’t dispense free 24/7 snacks, but there is beer on tap – and you’ll have resources and owned audience that traditional agencies can’t buy.
Success will require versatile command of a hybrid skill set that combines sales, marketing, content strategy, data analysis, database manipulation, and customer service. You will support our sales leaders by co-creating and executing campaigns that span multiple channels and formats. Ideally, you’ll bring experience with our primary marketing services: custom content, video production, ad creative, digital marketing, event activation, and lead generation.
You should be well-versed in those areas, able to direct freelance equestrian writers in the morning, script a video during a lunch hike with Backpacker’s publisher, and deliver knockout a sales presentation after a late-day Bikram class with a yoga client. You have a strong streak of can-do DNA—no prima donnas need apply—with a proven ability to collaborate across departments. You’re creative but also disciplined about dollars and deadlines, and you constantly adapt based on client feedback. Most of all, you’re driven to build better mousetraps and sell the snot out of them.
- Be the passionate, charismatic, indefatigable embodiment of Catapult, advocating internally and externally for this young agency with galvanizing enthusiasm.
- Collaborate with AIM sales managers to build prospect pipelines, create proposals, and present to clients.
- Manage the department budget and especially the campaign P&L’s to ensure appropriate ROI and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee a team of Catapult account and project managers who manage day-to-day execution.
- Constantly work to optimize the performance of marketing and content efforts through attention to data.
- You’ve done 5-7 years of agency leadership with experience in our six core marketing services
- You possess deep knowledge of digital and social media
- You roll out of bed every morning with 3 creative ideas that you can’t wait to pitch to a client
- You have a knack for product development and project management – and the examples to prove it
- You bring proven results in initiating, directing, implementing, and measuring integrated marketing programs
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills including the ability to provide guidance to industry partners who range from novices to experts
- Capacity to balance, prioritize, and organize process under tight deadlines
- Budget management and reporting
- Affinity for the activities that our customers love
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
Send a cover letter, resume, and any supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.