Job description and qualifications:
The ultimate goal of Yoga Journal’s digital strategist is to help support and grow both audience and revenue through yogajournal.com, the brand’s social channels, and other digital platforms. We are looking for a tech-savvy candidate with a passion for data and its real-world application. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of digital experience with a content publisher and be able to work in our Boulder office. An interest in yoga, meditation, and wellness, as well as experience writing and editing at national outlets preferred. Success in this role will be measured based on the ability to grow site traffic and engagement, as well as on developing ideas that help drive revenue.
This role will serve editorial, marketing, and sales needs through a variety of tasks, including:
• Staying on top of industry trends (including SEO) and understanding digital best practices, website and social metrics, and data from other relevant sources; distilling information and communicating it to staff (in weekly reports); and offering suggestions for how to respond in the short- and long-term to reach content and business goals.
• Working with the brand directors of content and audience and sales and marketing to set overall digital goals and priorities.
• Helping to lead a nimble, results-oriented digital strategy that continually strives to streamline processes and make the best use of resources given brand goals.
• Managing production schedules and workflow for the website and social channels.
• Working in content management systems and with related third-party digital tools, including WordPress, as well as similar proprietary systems such as SalesForce Marketing Cloud or other ESP/marketing automation tools, Google Products, Facebook Business Manager, and video, OTT, and podcast providers.
• Time-lining and executing large-scale digital projects, from ideation to implementation, using wire-framing and project management tools.
• Managing an editorial producer and social media specialist, overseeing the work of a marketing producer when relevant, and managing relationships with development and SEO agencies and freelancers.
• Identifying site functionality, maintenance, and improvements that will help serve content and business goals and working with our in-house development team on implementation. Managing a project pipeline for YJ in coordination with a companywide digital team and platform.
• Day-to-day production and optimization, and training staff on these tasks.
• Attending relevant edit, marketing, and sales meetings and helping to ideate around new programs, initiatives, campaigns, partnerships, syndication, sponsored content, and more. Providing Yoga Journal with fresh ideas on how we can thrive in the digital landscape.
• Working with the entire staff to ensure that all digital products, including newsletters, emails, the website, online education, and social channels meet Yoga Journal edit and art standards and create a cohesive, coordinated story across platforms.
• Writing and editing, time permitting.
About Yoga Journal
For 40 years, Yoga Journal has been the #1 authority on yoga and the yoga lifestyle. Founded in 1975 by members of the California Yoga Teachers Association, Yoga Journal now offers all practitioners—from beginners to advanced—expert information on how to live a healthier, happier, and more fulfilling life, both on and off the mat. Every day, Yoga Journal engages its print, online, and live audiences with top teacher insights and in-depth reporting. With 12 international editions reaching 28 countries, live events, a comprehensive online education platform, and 10 million touchpoints, Yoga Journal is the world’s largest and most influential yoga brand.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Tasha Eichenseher, Yoga Journal Brand Director of Content & Audience, at firstname.lastname@example.org