Assistant Digital Editor, BACKPACKER
Active Interest Media | Outdoor Group | Boulder, CO
Reports to: Digital Editor
BACKAPCKER is seeking an Assistant Digital Editor who will work on all aspects of web and social content, working closely with the Digital Editor to plan and execute content across channels. The ideal candidate will have expert digital media knowledge and collaborate effectively across editorial and marketing departments.
- Write,assign, and edit lively and authentic stories pertaining to backpacking culture, news, people, and gear
- Work on in-depth service packages
- Work with the editorial team to plan and create content in line with performance metrics
- Produce articles for BACKPACKER’s site with an eye toward reader engagement and effective SEO
- Manage social media channels and newsletters
- Bachelors degree in journalism or related field
- Experience working on digital and social media
- Strong understanding of digital production, research, reporting, fact-checking, and writing
- Proven results in coordinating programs with daily and weekly requirements and in communicating effectively
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- A creative approach to storytelling
- Execution-focused mindset and a highly organized approach
- Capacity to balance, prioritize and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
- Expertise with the digital tools and analytics, specifically google analytics
- Affinity for the activities that our customers love
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
Send a cover letter, resume, and any supporting materials to email@example.com No phone calls please.