Digital Director, BACKPACKER
Digital Director, BACKPACKER
Active Interest Media | Outdoor Group | Boulder, CO
Reports to: Editor in Chief
In this new position, the Digital Director will oversee strategy, execution, and business development for digital assets at BACKPACKER. You’ll be a part of AIM’s senior team and share responsibility for driving new business that keeps BACKPACKER at the forefront of the market. Our ideal candidate will have expert digital media knowledge and collaborate effectively across editorial and marketing teams. You will work with AIM’s editors, sales and marketing staff, digital producers, and clients to imagine and implement best in class digital content, products, and services.
This position requires a blend of editorial, marketing, and digital savvy, as well as a collaborative style and proven ability to achieve results when synthesizing efforts from across several functional areas of the company. Success will require versatile command of a hybrid skill set that combines sales, marketing, content strategy, data analysis, database manipulation, and customer service.
Ideally, you’re a digital native and organizational wiz. You’ve demonstrated the ability to think innovatively while also paying attention to detail and delivering results against weekly goals.
- Plan and implement brand digital strategies within budget requirements.
- Set specific digital audience and revenue goals and monitor progress.
- Oversee operations for all digital tools, applications, and new products.
- Bring innovative technologies to market and ensure brand differentiation.
- Translate reporting, style, and voice to digital platforms, creating shareable content that remains true to the brand.
- Execute, and optimize digital marketing programs including email development, landing pages, new promotional efforts to support brand initiatives.
- Work with sales and marketing team to enhance current revenue streams and develop new ones.
- Work closely with editorial team to increase audience size and engagement across all digital channels.
- Determine and execute strategic partnerships in the industry.
- Ensure BACKPACKER is an early innovator on emerging platforms and abreast of the latest digital media trends.
- Ensure best practices are used in regards to SEO, mobile, content platforms, ecommerce, affiliate, social, etc.
- Ensure overall user experience throughout digital channels are excellent.
- Identify opportunities to leverage the brand’s robust editorial archive.
- Manage website affiliate sales strategy and ecommerce opportunities.
- Partner with sales & marketing staff around paid search and social campaigns.
- Monitor results against specific key performance indicators and conversion goals.
- Contribute to site and page strategy and analyze results, distil insights on what’s working what’s not, and provide recommendations for optimizations and/or tests.
- Work closely with senior leadership on the brand’s overall digital strategy.
- Assist in client communications when appropriate.
- Manage team of 1-2 digital editorial staff
- 5+ years’ experience in digital environment and/or editorial department
- Strong understanding of native content, email marketing, ad creative, marketing automation, lead generation, and video
- Proven results in coordinating programs with daily and weekly requirements and in communicating effectively with both internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Execution-focused mindset and a highly organized approach
- Capacity to balance, prioritize and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
- Expertise with the digital tools and analytics necessary for a position of this nature, specifically google analytics
- Affinity for the activities that our customers love
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.
Send a cover letter, resume, and any supporting materials to email@example.com. No phone calls please.